So, I did it. Purchasing the Apple Watch was one of those impulse purchases. I had a bad day and needed a thrill. I knew of Apple’s 14-day return policy as well, which is why I don’t feel too bad about purchasing the Watch. But the fact that the Apple Watch has actually been pretty useful is the biggest reason I have no regrets, other than the fact that if I keep it, I won’t be able to pay my bills for the next month.
People are gunning for the Apple Watch to fail. After using it for the past three days, I can safely say that those people will eventually be proven wrong. The current Apple Watch is more of a “beta” product, but it shows what the technology is capable of. Rather than a traditional review, I am going to list all the pros and cons of the Apple Watch. There are more pros than cons — something I thought I would never say.
Apple Watch Pros:
- Stunning design.
- Super bright and crispy screen.
- Easy to put on and easy to set up.
- Using watch doesn’t take as long of a learning curve as people say.
- The battery life is fine: It will easily last you a day or more.
- Getting step-by-step driving directions from the Watch and having it tap you when you need to make a turn.
- Has its own internal memory.
- Taps you when you have a calendar appointment.
- Taps you when you have an email or an instant message.
- Siri works much better on Apple Watch than she does on the iPhone.
- Message App can save your life when driving: You can answer text messages orally and have Watch accurately type out your messages to send back (It’s 99.99 percent accurate).
- Exercise and calorie tracking apps are outstanding.
- You can actually take phone calls on it!
Apple Watch Cons
- Way overpriced: $399 for the 42 mm Sport Edition is ridiculous, but the higher prices for other builds are just out-of-this-world crazy
- No speech-to-text emails – but that will change very soon.
- The tapping could be a little bit harder.
- Notifications sometimes don’t appear when they are supposed to.
- Watch is easily scratched (unless you have a little screen protector).
- Not enough apps (that will change soon).
- The Watch is very helpful, but it’s not an essential purchase (yet).
- Speaker quality for phone is mediocre.
I’ll probably think of more pros and cons and add them in. I am not 100 percent sure, mostly due to my budget, that the Apple Watch is a keeper. But after being one of the watch’s biggest critics, I am pleasantly surprised how much I like it.